Milton Girls was established in 2010, and strives to be a well-organised committee with an enthusiastic group of girls who want to further develop their interest in football. The Girls section has been supported by Scott Malcolmson since 2013, who has recently taken up an executive position with the team as the Girls’ section representative. Scott works alongside four coaches to improve the girls’ football ability, technique, skills and values.
Milton Girls current have sections for under 9s and under 11s, and participate in fixtures and festivals most weekends during the seasons. These fixtures and festivals are usually held on a Sunday morning. The Girls section are hoping to develop an under 13s section from March 2016.
Milton Girls on Facebook
- Under 9s: Monday evenings at Bluebell Wood Park from 6:30-7:30pm
- Under 11s: Monday and Friday evenings from 7:00-8:00pm at Bluebell Wood Park
- Monday 7-8pm at Bannockburn High School Gym Hall
- Monday 6-7pm at Bannockburn High School astro turf
During the winter months, Milton Girls train at Bannockburn High School. Training sessions may change dependent on availability.
Milton Girls Committee
Ladies section representative and Lead Coach: Scott Malcolmson
Secretary: Vicky Cunningham
Treasurer: Claire Hamill
- Scott Malcolmson (has completed 1:1 Early Touches, 1:2 Coaching Young Footballers, 1:3 Coaching in the Game)
- Neil Hamill (has completed 1:1 Early Touches)
- Patrick Donlevy (has completed 1:1 Early Touches)
- Catarina McCallister
- Neil Dick (has completed 1:1 Early Touches)
- Euan McAllister (has completed 1:1 Early Touches)
- Grant Cunningham
All our coaches are PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) checked.
We encourage all parents and carers to play an active role on our committee. This could be supporting fundraising events, organising raffle prizes, coaching the girls or administering first aid if required. If you would like to be part of the Milton Girls committee, please speak to the Club Secretary (Vicky Cunningham).
Bofa Plumbing and Heating Ltd are a local company from Stirling, and have kindly sponsored our under 11 girls this year. They generously gifted a sum of money to help develop the Club, some of which was used to provide the girls with new raincoats.
Part of Bofa Plumbing and Heating’s sponsorship includes a 10% discount to all players and committee members when quoting MILTON FOOTBALL CLUB when any work is due to be carried out by Bofa.
Bofa’s website: http://www.bofastirling.co.uk
Forth Valley Fabrications: www.fvfltd.com
If you would like any further information, or have a girl aged 5 or older that would like to join Milton Girls, please contact Vicky Cunningham by email.