Club results roundup – 21 & 22 October 2017

Milton 4-0 Doune Castle

A comprehensive victory for Milton on a very heavy pitch. Milton took an early lead when Henderson smashed the ball into the net from a Harris corner kick. Murphy and Henderson were putting the visitors defence under pressure at every opportunity. Watt, playing just behind them was having an outstanding game picking holes in the Doune defence, and it was no surprise when Watt set up Henderson who went one-on-one with the goalie and found the net for Milton’s second goal.

A couple of minutes later Murphy went on a solo run, the Doune goalkeeper anticipated a cut back but the Milton Striker slid the ball into the net at the near post. Doune were shocked and came storming back at the Milton rearguard, their big striker was causing problems but Grieve, Whiteford and Galloway stood firm. McKay, in the Milton goals, was called into action just before the break but saved well. Doune had to come at Milton after the break and we’re starting to dominate but Milton were very sharp on the counter attack and threatened to score on a number of occasions.

The fourth the goal finally came when Henderson set up his strike partner Murphy who finished well.  Although chances went a begging at both ends, Milton comfortable seen the game out and the 3 points went to the home team.
Next week Milton are away to Broomhouse in a league match.

Milton 2001 1-2 Dunblane

Milton 2001s made the short trip to Dunblane in a highly-anticipated Forth Valley Cup tie on Saturday.

Although starting well, Milton were unfortunate to go one down halfway through the first half after some good counter-attacking play down the Dunblane left, when Milton had been pressing.

The heads didn’t go down however, and on the half hour mark, after some excellent build-up play, Tilley finished superbly from the edge of the box to equalise.

The second half was more of the same with both teams contesting fiercely and with Milton again edging the possession. Hearts were broken, however, when Dunblane struck the winner into the top corner from 25 yards. Although fortunate getting the result, it was a goal worthy of winning any game.

Milton 2003 Blues 2-0 Falkirk

Despite a much depleted team, Milton 2003, Blues (under 15s) ran out worthy 2-0 winners against an unbeaten Falkirk in what was a rather feisty encounter.
Falkirk are reigning league champions and were favourites at the start of the game but the Milton boys worked hard and took the game to heir opponents scoring 2 great goals courtesy of Jack Thompson and Duncan MacDiarmid.

Stenhousemuir 0-5 Milton Reds 2003

Milton started well and took an early lead within 5 mins to go 0-1 in front. Stenhousemuir made it difficult for the next 15 mins before Milton increased their lead after a well worked move and clever cut back to make it 0-2.

Milton continued to control the game and created a number of very good chances which should have saw them increase their lead further.  Milton finished the first half strongly but couldn’t add to their lead.

The second half continued in the same way as the first half with Milton dictating play and coming close to scoring on two or three occasions. The third goal finally came 15 minutes into the second half and was just reward for the hard work and opportunities the team had created throughout the game.

Stenhousemuir continued to challenge Milton but Milton’s open football allowed them to continue creating chances and a further two goals were scored before the final whistle.

A very good team performance with all players available for selection playing their part in today’s win.

Josh S x 3

Next game 28th October league game at home to Cowie.

Milton 2012

There was about 14 for the 2012s today. All of them seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully maybe more next week